GRADUATE TOWN PLANNER OR TOWN PLANNER
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- 1 Year Fixed Term Appointment
An opportunity exists for an individual who is motivated with a ‘can do' attitude to join our Development Assessment Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking a graduate or experienced Town Planner who will assist the Manager in the area of development assessment, development and building conflict resolution, customer satisfaction and quality improvement for the Development and Compliance Group.
The successful applicant will also share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree, Post Graduate or Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning and/or related discipline or be close to completion of a Degree (Graduate level)
- Understanding of Town Planning Principles, procedures and processes
- Understanding and knowledge of Environment Planning and Assessment Act and other legislation relevant to Town Planning in NSW
- Experience in Town Planning and dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound and proficient report writing and documentation skills
- Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
This is a temporary full-time role (35 hours per week) - Position No. S0953
Salary Range - Graduate: $63,896 - $69,217 pa + Superannuation
Salary Range - Town Planner: $76,393 - $80,441 pa + Superannuation
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Wednesday 24 July 2019. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Preferred candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening and psychometric assessment.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.