TEAM LEADER - ARBORICULTURE WORKS
- Hills District Location
- Operational Role
An opportunity exists for an individual who works well in a team environment with a positive attitude to join our Vegetation Works Team.
At The Hills Shire Council we are dedicated to delivering quality service and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking an experienced and qualified individual to lead a team involved in a variety of tasks associated with the planting, removal and maintenance of trees and shrubs within public road and public reserve areas to provide quality service to the Hills Shire community. This position will make day to day decisions regarding resource allocation to complete both planned and reactive work orders.
The successful candidate will have:
- Arboriculture/ Horticulture Trade Certificate or equivalent
- Class MR/HR Motor Vehicle Licence
- Induction Training for construction Work in NSW ‘White card' or preparedness top obtain
- 5 years' experience in the arboricultural/horticultural industry including the supervision and co-ordination of staff, plant and equipment
- Plant Operator's Certificate for Bandit Wood Chipper
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Familiarity with continuous improvement processes and techniques
This is a permanent full-time role (38 hours per week) - Position No. W0245 Salary Range: $63,649 - $68,182 pa + Superannuation
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Monday 1 July 2019. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Preferred candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening, criminal history check and psychometric assessment.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.