TEAM LEADER - GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
- Hills District Location
- Operational Role
An opportunity exists for a dedicated individual who enjoys manual labour to join the Vegetation Works Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to lead a team involved in a variety of tasks associated with the planned maintenance and presentation of Council's parks, gardens, reserves and sporting venues.
The successful candidate will have a flexible and adaptable approach to their work and share our team's commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working together as a team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Horticulture or Arboriculture, Green keeping Certificate or equivalent trade or equivalent relevant experience
- A minimum of a current class C drivers licence, with willingness to obtain a MR Licence
- WorkCover NSW Construction Induction Training ‘Whitecard'
- Substantial experience in garden and landscape maintenance and weed and pest identification/control measures
- Familiar with the use of PC based technology and confident in the use of iPads
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision and co-ordination of staff, plant and materials
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written form
- Traffic control ticket is desirable and qualifications in the operation of a chainsaw or hedge trimmer is desirable
This is a permanent full-time role (38 hours per week) - Position No. W0239
Salary Range: $63,649-$68,182 pa + Superannuation + Council to and from Vehicle
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Wednesday 22 May 2019. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Preferred candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening, criminal history check and psychometric assessment.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.