SENIOR TOWN PLANNER
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- Attractive Remuneration
An opportunity exists for a motivated and efficient individual to join our Development Assessment Team
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Town Planner who will assists the Manager in the provision of services by optimizing the use of resources in the area of development assessment, development and building conflict resolution, customer satisfaction quality improvement & legal activities for the Development & Compliance Group.
The candidate will share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Town Planning degree, Post Graduate qualifications of Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning and/or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in Town Planning (2+ years) and dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound and proficient report writing and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, working to tight timeframes
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of Environment Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Town Planning and other legislation relevant to Town Planning in NSW (2+ years
- Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
This is a permanent full-time role (35 hours per week) - Position No. S0932
Salary Range: $93,099 - $97,701 pa + Superannuation with the option of Car Allowance OR Council Leaseback Vehicle
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Tuesday 30 April 2019. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Preferred candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening and psychometric assessment.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.