BUILDING COMPLIANCE OFFICER OR SENIOR BUILDING COMPLIANCE OFFICER
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- Compliance Role
An opportunity exists for an individual who performs well under pressure and is a critical thinker to join our Development and Compliance group.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Building Compliance Officer who will investigate complaints with respect to unauthorized development and compliance with Council's development controls, conditions and other statutory requirements relevant to private property. The successful candidate will also share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Diploma/ Degree qualification Planning, Building Surveying or equivalent or appropriate tertiary qualifications or experience in an enforcement role
- Sound understanding of NSW Planning and Certification system (1-2 years for Officer) (3+years for Senior)
- Demonstrated working know ledge of The Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards (1-2 years for Officer) (3+years for Senior)
- Sound knowledge of the Swimming Pools Act 1992, The Swimming Pool Regulations 2008 and the Australian Standards (1-2 years for Officer) (3+years for Senior)
- Sound understanding of Local Government Act, Environmental Planning & Assessment Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act and all legislation, practices & Standards (1-2 years for Officer) (3+years for Senior)
- Demonstrated experience in working in an environment of demanding workloads and time constraints
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
This is permanent full-time role (35 hours per week) - Position No. S0158
Salary: Officer - $74,530-$78,479 pa OR Senior - $93,099-$97,701 pa + Superannuation + Council Leaseback Vehicle
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Wednesday 24 April 2019. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Preferred candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening, criminal history check and psychometric assessment.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.