RESOURCE RECOVERY PROJECT OFFICER
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Development Opportunities
- Project Role
An opportunity exists for a driven and task orientated individual to join our Environment and Health Team to assess, inspect, and advise and monitor Waste Management Plans (WMP) submitted as part of Development Applications.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Resource Recovery Project Officer who will implement and supervise projects and initiatives that raise awareness regarding waste management and resource recovery.
The successful candidate will share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Management, Project Management and/or 1 - 2 years relevant work experience in the Waste and Resource Recovery field
- Experience in assessing Waste Management Plans
- Experience in assessing architectural plans submitted as part of a development application in waste storage area design and waste servicing requirements
- Knowledge of waste management legislation, guidelines and best practice
- Experience in project management relating to waste and resource recovery
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
This is a permanent full-time role (35 hours per week) - Position No. S0357
Salary Range: $78,479 - $83,685 pa + Superannuation
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Thursday 28 March 2019. The Position Description (which contains the Selection Criteria to be addressed in your Covering Letter under the ‘Outputs' section) can also be downloaded from our website.
Preferred candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening and psychometric assessment.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.