SENIOR COORDINATOR - GOVERNANCE SERVICES
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- Attractive Remuneration
An opportunity exists for an engaged and committed individual to join our Governance Services team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Coordinator of Governance Services who will provide support to the Manager - Governance and Public Officer and other Managers in the area of governance administration. The successful applicant will share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team.
This role works within the Finance and Organisational Performance Group and provides advice on politically sensitive matters and assisting customers to gain access to Council documents. This position will also assist with the day-to-day management of the Governance Services staff. The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Business Management/Public Administration or similar, and/or 10 years+ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated high level administration/leadership skills
- Extensive experience in Local Government operation and public sector administration at a Senior level (10 years+)
- Sound knowledge of Council Meeting procedures
- Proven demonstrated experience to working in politically sensitive environment, exceptional interpersonal skills, high level of business and technical problem solving and project management skills
- High level of integrity, reliability, trustworthiness and able to work to tight deadlines
This is a permanent full-time role (35 hours per week)
Salary Range: From $102K per annum + Superannuation
Position No. S0937
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm Tuesday 19th February 2019. The Position Description (which contains the Selection Criteria to be addressed in your Covering Letter under the ‘Outputs' section) can also be downloaded from our website.
Preferred candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening, criminal history check and psychometric assessment.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.