LANDSCAPE PROJECTS OFFICER
- Modern Office in Norwest Business Park
- Permanent full-time role
- RDO Scheme
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Landscape Architect to join our Capital Works Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We are experiencing rapid population growth which provides many new opportunities to deliver quality infrastructure to our community.
WHO ARE YOU?
Here at The Hills Shire Council we are looking for someone who has a CAN DO attitude, takes initiative and works both independently and collaboratively with their team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
You will be responsible for project managing the design and construction of projects in reserves, playgrounds, sportsfields, streetscape & amenities building as identified in the capital works program. You will be involved in concept and detailed design of numerous projects each year. You will also be required to engage & supervise contractors including preparation of contract documents for the construction of landscape projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience practicing in a government and/or private sector setting within the Australian market
- Financial management, computer (AutoCAD & Adobe suite), project management and time management skills
- Knowledge of Landscape Design Principles, WH&S, legislative and regulatory framework, and continuous improvement techniques
- Experience in contract administration and construction supervision
- Class C Drivers Licence
Position No. S0829
Salary Range: $89,250 to $93,099 pa + Superannuation and Council Leaseback Vehicle
To apply, visit Council's website and submit your on-line application by 5pm on Friday 8th February 2019. Council will interview as applications are received. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.