- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- Development Opportunities
An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join our Rates Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
WHO ARE YOU?
Here at The Hills Shire Council we are looking for someone who has a CAN DO attitude, takes initiative and works collaboratively with their team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
You will be responsible for processing, monitoring and administering Councils Rates, effectively, efficiently and accurately. You will also be responsible for internal and external customer enquiries, rating advice and debt recovery in line with Council policy & procedures whilst ensuring compliance with rating provisions of the Local Government Act 1993.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher School Certificate
- Minimum 3 + years' Local Government experience in a similar role
- Well-developed organizational & time management skills, accuracy & attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure, dealing with both sensitive and confidential information
- Experience with supplementary rates is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of legislation pertaining to Local Government rating
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
This is a permanent full-time role
Salary Range: $71,119 - $83,685 pa + Superannuation
Position No. S0977
To apply, visit Council's website and submit your on-line application by 5pm on Monday 10th December 2018. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.