MANAGER ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- Permanent full-time position
- Attractive Remuneration Package
An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join our Environment & Health Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Group Manager - Development & Compliance, you will be responsible for leading and managing a diverse team and provide specialist advice across a broad range of topics to Council, the General Manager, legal Representatives, external agencies & the community on Environmental, Public Health, Sustainability, Resource Recovery & Waste Management related matters.
The role also includes a project delivery component & development of corporate strategies to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation, pollution reduction, waste minimisation/elimination, recycling, transportation, education & building design to reflect sustainability outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Environmental Health, Environmental Science or related discipline
- Extensive knowledge & principles to lead, supervise & manage in relation to Environmental, Public Health & Sustainability processes, Local Law Enforcement & Council related activities
- Knowledge in the implementation of Tree Management, policies, Sustainability, Recycling & Waste Management principles & programs
- Understanding of Local Government, Environmental Planning & all relevant legislation, practices & current issues.
Salary Range: $150,000+ pa including Superannuation, plus Car Allowance
Position No. CO0064
To apply, visit Council's website and submit your on-line application by 5pm on Friday 17th August 2018. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all.
If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.