STORMWATER SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- Development Opportunities
An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join our Infrastructure and Transport Planning Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
WHO ARE YOU?
Here at The Hills Shire Council we are looking for someone who has a CAN DO attitude, takes initiative and works collaboratively with their team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
You will provide engineering support and develop, review & analyse hydrologic & hydraulic (1D & 2D) models of Council's constructed stormwater, natural waterways & floodplain systems associated with Council's asset management plan & works program. You will also contribute to the asset database & the prioritising of future rehabilitation & system upgrade works in the annual works program and prepare designs resulting in urban flood risk reduction which incorporate an improvement of hydrologic level of service and including construction cost estimates.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or similar tertiary qualification
- Extensive experience in the use, review, interpretation & analysis of hydrologic & hydraulic models primarily in an urban environment
- Extensive experience in the use of DRAINS, HEC-RAS, RAFTS , TUFLOW and GIS mapping tools, especially ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience in the use of advanced technology products in flood modeling/mapping, including waterRIDE & catchmentSIM
- Experience in development of designs & impact modeling for constructed stormwater system upgrades including preparation of construction cost estimates
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, 12D and/or CivilCad 3D is desirable
This is a permanent full-time role
Salary Range - $95,318 to $100,150 pa plus Superannuation plus Civil Liability Allowance
Position No. S0764
To apply, visit Council's website and submit your on-line application by 5pm on Tuesday 26th June 2018. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.