Senior Town Planner
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- Development Opportunities
An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join our Subdivision and Development Certification Team. You will have direct involvement in the planning and roll-out of homes and essential infrastructure in one of the most exciting and rapidly developing areas in Sydney.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
WHO ARE YOU?
Here at The Hills Shire Council we are looking for someone who has a CAN DO attitude, takes initiative and works collaboratively with their team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
You will manage, assess, evaluate and determine land use applications, ensuring subdivision and development of land is carried out in accordance with relevant legislation and standards. You will prepare professional planning reports, attend conciliation conference meetings and present matters to Planning Panels. You will also conduct pre-lodgement meetings for subdivision and medium density residential DA's.
Qualifications and Experience
- Town Planning degree, Post Graduate qualification in Town Planning, Land Development and/or related discipline
- Extensive understanding of Local Government Town Planning including knowledge of the Environment Planning & Assessment Act, State Environmental Planning Policies and the land development process
- Experience in Town Planning and/or Land Development (2+ years)
This is a permanent full-time role
Salary Range - $90,828 to $95,318 pa plus Superannuation and council leaseback vehicle or car allowance
Position No. S0302
To apply, visit Council's website and submit your on-line application by 5pm on Monday 25th June 2018. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.