Regional Support Officer (Biodiversity Reforms)
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join our Environment and Health Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
WHO ARE YOU?
Here at The Hills Shire Council we are looking for someone who has a CAN DO attitude, takes initiative, works collaboratively with their team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position facilitates the delivery of the Office of Environment & Heritage (OEH) capacity building project to support councils in the transitioning & implementation of the NSW Biodiversity Conservation Reforms. You will work on effective relationships with Council Officers and liaise with Councils within the service area to understand their specific needs, with the support of OEH.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management, Town Planning or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment of biodiversity, developing biodiversity policy, or similar;
- Sound knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act, Threatened Species Conservation Act and Biodiversity Conservation Act;
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence;
- GIS skills.
This is a temporary full-time role, up to 18 months
Salary Range - $90,828 to $95,318 pa plus Superannuation and Council leaseback vehicle
Position No. P730
To apply, visit Council's website and submit your on-line application by 5pm on Wednesday 20th December 2017. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.