ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
- Development Opportunities
An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join our Community, Economic Development & Venues Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and with high targets for business generation in the coming decade. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to serve the business community in the Sydney Hills.
WHO ARE YOU?
Here at The Hills Shire Council we are looking for a business professional someone who has a CAN DO attitude, takes initiative and works collaboratively. You want to contribute to motivating and guiding our workforce, while understanding the role of local government in economic development.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator Economic Development, you will provide support and assist with business attraction and growth of The Hills Shire. You will increase awareness of the ‘Sydney Hills' brand and connect businesses with relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant business and tourism experience or degree/tertiary qualifications in Economic Development, Business or Tourism.
- Highly computer literate including social media
- Strong understanding of small business limitations and local government
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to network
- Experience in marketing
This is a permanent FULL-TIME role
Salary Range - $72,712.64 to $76,565.32 pa plus Superannuation
Position No. S0005
To apply, visit Council's website and submit your on-line application by 5pm on Friday 25th August 2017. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.